Arthur Rowshan is an anxiety expert with almost 30 years of experience in helping people overcoming life challenges. He specializes in difficult cases – most of the people he helps are those that have been struggling with their problem for many years even though they have already sought help from psychologists, psychiatrists, and/or other health care professionals.
Those that have suffered many years of therapy with little or no results seek his expertise in solving their problems. Arthur is well known for helping people overcome anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, social phobias and other phobias as well as the creator of a single-session smoking cessation program.
A prolific author, Arthur Rowshan has six published books which have been translated to Portuguese, Spanish, Greek, Chinese, Turkish, German, Persian and Czech language. There are also two more books awaiting publication.
Professor of Psychotherapy
Since 1992 Arthur has trained psychotherapists in the science and the art of helping people. He has conducted seminars and courses in different countries on a wide range of topics from therapeutic communication skills to handling difficult and resistent clients and specific techniques and strategies for anxiety-related problems.
After 26 years of face to face seminars and classes, Arthur has developed a series of online courses geared toward psychotherapists to give them effective and state of the art techniues to increase their competency.
His most popular and sought after online course is the Anxiety Treatment Protocol. This specific protocol can be used by all psychotherapists regardless of their preferred school of therapy.
Arthur’s unique approach aims to eliminate dysfunctional symptoms and help people acquire new insights to make positive lasting change. His interventions are aimed to have far-reaching and lasting effects.
As a consequence of his diverse background and considerable experience, Arthur Rowshan has at his disposal a variety of tools and techniques. This allows him to evaluate and customize his approach according to the contingent needs of each person and their situation.
Arthur’s primary goal is to help people in as little time as possible. The common belief that a phobia or anxiety that has persisted for a long time, needs an equally long therapeutic solution is not always true. In many cases, Arthur has helped his clients overcome their fears and anxiety in a handful of sessions. Each case, of course, is unique and there are cases which require more time than others.
Arthur studied psychology at the University of Western Ontario and at the University of Waterloo, graduating with with a Bachelor of Arts, with a specialization in psychology. While at the University of Waterloo he studied hypnotherapy with the noted Dr. Victor Rausch.
Arthur’s post graduate education included advanced studies in NLP with Richard Bandler, John Grinder, Robert Dilts. He also studied advanced hypnotherapy at Proudfoot, as well as Master in Brief Therapy at Palo Alto Mental Research Institute (MRI), California.
While living and working in Spain, he studied at the University of Deusto (Group Work Specialization, 1992) and later at the University of Cantabria (Specialization in Tobacco Addiction and Master of Smoking Cessation).
He has also given training seminars and lectures to medical doctors, psychologists and psychiatrists in different hospitals and health centres in Spain, Sweden and Czech Republic. A few examples are cited below:
- Under the auspices of the Brno Psychotherapy Association (Czech Republic) organized a training seminar for medical doctors, psychologists and dentists on pain control with hypnosis at a local hospital
- In the Czech Republic, conducted seminars on stress management, communication skills and selling for companies such as BENKISER, SONY, EUROTELL, AVON and ORIFLAME.
- In 1996 gave a workshop to the pain clinic of a hospital in Malmo, Sweden.
- The the invitation of the head of the Psychology Department at the University of Deusto (Spain) gave a presentation and demonstration on the use of hypnosis to psychology students – leading to a 15 year collaboration with this department.
- Gave a presentation on constructivism and problem solving at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- Conducted a training seminar at a hospital in Madrid for health care professionals on how to help smokers quit their habit.
- Conducted a seminar organized by a pharmaceutical company on communication skills for medical doctors in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.
- Conducted a teaching seminar for psychologists on communication skills in therapy in Barcelona, Spain.
Arthur Rowshan has appeared in innumerable media including television, radio, as well as newspaper and magazine articles.
Here is an interview for an article in the University of Waterloo alumni magazine.